We are an established Landscape Design/Build & Property Maintenance company located in Carrying Place, ON. currently looking to hire energetic, well mannered, self motivated individuals to fill this position for the 2017 season. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Spring and Fall lawn & garden clean-ups to residential & commercial properties
- Garden care including weeding, pruning, soil amending, installation of mulches and seasonal fertilizers, soil cultivating (when required) and monitoring of plant material health on client properties
- Turf aerating, topdressing and over seeding, application of lawn fertilizers and monitoring of turf health on client properties
- Some lawn mowing and line trimming to client properties
- Responsible for the daily inspection, equipment loading and safe operation of company truck and trailers
- Keep track of inventory and required maintenance equipment parts
- Removal of brush and debris from client properties by truck and trailer
- Responsible for the daily maintenance and care of tools and equipment in use. Mixing fuel and refueling of equipment as required
- Completion of daily work description logs and accurate record keeping
Required Work Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in landscape construction, greenhouse operations, arboriculture or grounds maintenance duties preferred. Training will be provided.
- Post-secondary education or apprenticeship training in the landscape/horticultural field an asset.
- Must have thorough knowledge of, and be able to identify most common trees, shrubs and perennials found in Ontario gardens.
- Previous experience in operating, push mowers, line trimmers and rototillers an asset.
- Valid "G" drivers license and own transportation a must.
skills for this position would include:
- Ability to follow instruction and work independently
- Excellent hand / eye co-ordination and an eye for detail
- Excellent work ethic
- Physically fit / energetic
- Able to lift and transport weight of up to 60lbs on a daily / weekly bases
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- Excellent customer service skills, and a good communicator
- Work under stringent time constraints
- Able to work in, and cope with ever changing weather and climatic conditions
- Work independently or in a team environment
- Experience in driving truck and towing a trailer
We offer competitive wages and a chance for advancement within the company as well as personal growth within the industry through apprenticeship programs, industry training seminars and certification programs offered by the Canadian Nursery Landscape Association (CNLA) and Landscape Ontario Horticultural Trades Association (LO)
We offer a safe, friendly and energetic atmosphere with the opportunity of working in the great outdoors every day!
We want thank all applicants for showing interest in the position. Only applicants selected for a follow-up interview will be contacted.
Modern Earthscapes Land Design
Carrying Place, Ontario
Apr 17, 2017