Donalda Golf & Country Club, founded in 1960, is a prestigious year round private club that offers a high standard of social, athletic and dining facilities to our members and their families. We are located in central Toronto and accessible by TTC.
Our Golf Course & Grounds Manager is seeking a dedicated, member service oriented professional to join our Grounds team as Second Assistant Golf Course Manager. This is a permanent full time position with benefits.
Under the supervision and direction of the Golf Course & Grounds Manager and the Assistant Golf Course Manager, the Second Assistant Golf Course Manager will perform his/her duties to ensure the overall operation and management of the golf course runs efficiently and productively. The Second Assistant Golf Course Manager will be responsible for supporting the Assistant Golf Course Manager by carrying out various duties such as planning, scheduling, coordinating, supervising the grounds crew performing assignments in the development and maintenance of the golf course. The incumbent is also expected to participate in the assignments and report to the Assistant Golf Course Manager when necessary.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the golf course, clubhouse grounds and landscaping, tennis courts, maintenance equipment, wooded areas and other areas on the property
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Golf Course Manager during the planning process of all maintenance and project work
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Golf Course Manager in the hiring, training, supervising and evaluation of department staff
- Assist in planning all maintenance and project work while also applying agronomic and administrative expertise to achieve the agreed-upon maintenance standards and long-term goals set for Donalda Club
- Assist in the scheduling of personnel and equipment/task assignment of the department
- Assist with General Golf Course Maintenance including, spraying, fertilizing and irrigation as required
- Keeps an accurate record of various information related to the department for future reference
- Supervise daily course set up duties performed by the grounds crew
- Perform regular inspections to ensure the equipment, golf course and grounds are safe for members, guest and staff
- Oversees daily irrigation schedules, utilizing field satellite and computerized central control
- Frequently inspect golf course to ensure compliance with established maintenance standards
- Take on any additional responsibility of the Assistant Golf Course Manager in his/her absence
- This position sits on the Health and Safety Committee
- Winter work will include plowing hardware restoration, tree work, tennis bubble maintenance and other related work
- Perform any additional duties as specified by the Golf Course and Grounds Manager or Assistant Golf Course Manager
JOB SPECIFICATIONS/ QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Completion of High School Education (Grade 12) is required
- Minimum 2 years in Post-Secondary education in Horticulture or Turf Management is required
- 2-3 years of experience on the grounds crew is required, preferably at a private golf course
- Advanced knowledge of agronomy and turf grass management practices is required
- Must be able to work under pressure while maintaining composure and performance standard during busy peak periods
- Knowledge of current federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written)
- Well groomed, mannerly, co-operative and outwardly friendly (team oriented); punctual & reliable
- Able to work shifts - days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Provincial certification or licensing as a pesticide applicator
- Possession of valid Driver’s license and safe driving record
- Certified IPM Agent required within one year in the position
- Benefits: Medical and Pension
- Complimentary duty meals
- Uniform provided by the Club
- Salaried position
Deadline for submission: November 24, 2017
Those individuals, who are interested in applying, please complete the Online Application form on our website at www.donaldaclub.ca. Please do not send resumes without applying on our website.
No telephone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
Donalda Club is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for disabilities will be provided to support participation in all aspects of the recruitment process
Dec 04, 2017