Junior Landscape Construction Superintendent
Oakridge Landscape Contractors
Established in 1992, our team of trusted professionals strives to accomplish the best outcome for every single one of our clients, every time. With over 20 years of experience, we stand firmly behind our work and take immense pride in all of our projects, both big and small. Our focus and client dedication can be seen throughout decades of Oakridge Landscape Contractors award winning residential and commercial projects.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Compensation: $40,000.00 per annum to start
Hours: 7:00am till 5:00pm - work days also include Saturdays when required
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T.) designation an asset
- College Diploma or Degree preferred with concentration in Landscaping, Construction Management, or Architecture
- Experience in scheduling, ordering, field supervision, quality control and job safety work habits
- Experience in managing multiple projects and construction workers
- Valid Driver’s License with clean Driver’s Abstract
Strong knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of landscaping and construction
- Ability to read blue prints and project specifications
- Knowledge of elevations (grading)
- Ability to use a laser level and transit
- Knowledge on the use of various tools, small and heavy equipment
- Knowledge and recognition of various materials used in paving stone, precast wall, concrete, armour stone, etc.
- knowledge and recognition of plant material, identification and proper planting techniques
- knowledge of quality control procedures
- Strong ability to represent OLC to clients in a positive and professional manner
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet with clients as required; This included onsite as well as off site meetings (cater to the customers needs)
- Clear and concise communication throughout the organization is paramount. Work closely with fellow Construction Superintendents. Ensure communications in all formats are being responded and sent with the utmost respect and professionalism and in a timely manner.
- Assist with the scheduling and utilize both labour and equipment crews efficiently
- Assist in managing sub-contractors and Oakridge employees at job sites assigned
- Schedule and monitor the delivery of all materials relating to the job being managed. Keep a solid record of materials that will be available on a later date and to remember to document any remaining inventory for future projects.
- Be aware of project targets before, during, and at the end of a job. Be mindful of labour and material costs and be able to raise alerts to management if targets are out and be prepared to explain why.
- Maintain positive and open communication with Owners, Project Manager, General Contractors, Engineers, Architects, etc;
- Maintain strong communication with OLC foreperson and offer assistance in resolving site problems and issues;
- Review the required information with the foreperson
- Maintain proper measurements and tracking pay items.
Oakridge Landscape is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please contact via email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Oakridge Group Inc.
Stoney Creek, Ontario
Oct 11, 2017