Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries is a passionate, broad-minded provider driven by innovation and a commitment to facilitating meaningful customer choice.
We are currently looking for a Director of Property Management to join our dynamic team dedicated to bringing comfort to an otherwise difficult experience for our customers by offering each and every person care, compassion and choice.
Reporting to the Vice President, Corporate Development, the Director of Property Management is responsible for serving the needs of customers through the effective and efficient delivery of cemetery services and property maintenance.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Property Management demonstrates support for the corporate values and participates fully in providing leadership and direction to the Property Management team.
- Overall responsibility for establishing annual goals and objectives for the Property Management department and ensuring goals are achieved;
- Making responsible financial and organizational decisions with respect to cemetery operations;
Preparing operating (i.e. care and maintenance) and capital budgets;
- Interpreting financial information and providing recommendations;
- Providing strategic leadership to the Property Management team; mentoring & coaching managers and their teams; conducting annual performance reviews; investigating performance issues and recommending actions; facilitating employee goal setting; identifying training, educational and professional development requirements;
- Actively supporting and participating in the development and implementation of the company’s operational and strategic plans;
- Identifying opportunities to streamline processes and reduce risk as well as implementing strategies when appropriate;
- Ensuring property management practices comply with labour agreements and best organizational practices;
- Fostering a respectful and harmonious working relationship with key stakeholders;
- Developing and implementing quality measurement tools and processes;
- Overseeing the arboretum program and ensuring tree inspections, maintenance, and planting occur in accordance with the approved arboretum program plan;
- Developing short and long term capital equipment purchasing strategies with the Manager, Equipment Maintenance Services;
- Coordinating work efforts with other departments on various projects;
Senior Council participation and support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- University degree in Business Administration with supplementary education/experience in Operations Management, Parks and Recreation and Facilities Management;
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of related progressive experience including three (3) to five (5) years of senior management experience;
- Highly developed leader with proven ability to inspire others towards a shared a vision and values;
- Advanced interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships within own team and with key stakeholders;
- Proven skills in developing meaningful long-term financial forecasts and business plans as well as yearly operational and capital budgets;
- Proven ability to communicate and work collaboratively in cooperation with customers, staff and other departments;
- Excellent priority setting, analytical, problem solving and negotiating skills with strong emphasis on delivery of customer service;
- Excellent ability to present ideas, plans and changes to key stakeholders;
- Experience in successfully managing in a unionized environment and with collective bargaining;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
Skilled at coaching and mentoring to allow direct reports to maximize their contributions to the organizations.
The Mount Pleasant Group of Cemeteries is committed to providing equitable opportunities to all applicants and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will provide accommodation in recruitment as needed. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Oct 23, 2017