$20.00 - $27.00 per hour
LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN
Come Join Our Team! Year Round Work! We Need Good People Now!!!
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the day to day activities of a landscape constrution crew;
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of the project;
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which covers company health and safety polocies, practices and procedures;
- Conduct workplace / job - site inspections;
- carry out accident and incident investigations;
- Provide information to workers in regards to actual and potential hazards on the job;
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner with all crew members in compliance with government and company PPE requirements;
- Complete and submit all required documentation on a weekly basis, including: site meeting logs, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc;
- Safe operation of various tools and equipment, as well as enforcing the safe operation of such tools and equipment on your site;
- Perform preventantive maintenance on various tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a weekly basis; and
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate and complete work activities.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivelant;
- Minimum 3years experience in Landscape construction industry;
- Minimum 1 year as a Foreman
- Capable of operating required tools and equipment in a safe efficient manner; and
- Capable of instructing how to perform tasks in a safe efficient manner
APPLICANT SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Basic carpentry skills, forming and pouring a variety of concrete products such as concrete pads/steps, curbs/sidewalks etc;
- Able to set grade and compact bases for interlock/flagstone/retaining walls/armour stone etc;
- Manage the execution of the project and report to the project manager with the next day's plans to ensure smooth and efficient completion of projects;
- effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to thrive under timelines and pressure situations;
- People and Time management skills;
- Valid "G" licence with "AZ - DZ" being an asset;
- Heavy equipment operator certification an asset; and
- A reliable vehicle to get to and from work.
Year round work available running a winter maintenance crew to maintain our winter contracts.
University of Windsor
Aug 21, 2017