Urban Garden is an established Design/Build, Planting & Maintenance company specializing in condominiums, commercial properties, parks and streetscapes in the central and downtown Toronto area
We are currently looking for enthusiastic, hard working individuals with a passion for landscaping to join our collaborative and positive team for the rest of the season.
Details on the opportunity:
- Landscape maintenance of various properties (commercial and residential)
- Maintenance duties include: turf management, bed and plant material care, mulch and soil applications, pruning, weeding, cultivating, watering, debris cleanup and disposal – with the administration of sustainable/organic land care practices.
- Installation of decorative plantings in beds and containers
- Softscape landscaping: planting, transplanting, loading/transport of nursery stock, reading and carrying out plans for designated projects.
- Watering various properties throughout the downtown core along with the watering, care and preparation of plant material held at the company shop.
Get in touch with us if you:
- enjoy and thrive within a fast passed (and sometimes stressful!) environment, working outdoors in various conditions with flexible availability.
- have Landscape & Horticulture education, training and/or equivalent working experience.
- have experience with seasonal decorative planting
- currently have a valid “G” drivers’ License and are comfortable using larger vehicles drive and navigate throughout the downtown core.
- have a familiarity with landscape maintenance tools and equipment.
- are self motivated, punctual, with a positive work ethic.
This is a full time seasonal position that entails (approximately) 50 hours per week, (Season running from April through to December) (Some weekends are mandatory).
Urban Garden values and promotes professional development and strives to ensure our employees qualifications and strong work ethics are compensated accordingly.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
We look forward to another great season.
Please submit applications by e-mail to:
Manager – Decorative Planting and Maintenance