We are a small Residential Construction Landscape design & build company looking for an individual who would love the opportunity to stay on, grow and prosper with us in a respectful and enjoyable work environment. For the past 15 years we have provided our clients homes with functional, aesthetic custom designs, quality materials and workmanship.
We are looking for Landscapers for various positions:
- Minimum 2 years landscape construction experience (Must be able to implement various construction landscaping techniques in hardscaping and have knowledge of softscaping)
- You must be willing to follow directions and show a willingness to learn. We encourage individual growth and learning and will provide training.
- Experience with leveling, cutting and laying interlock pavers, retaining walls, armour stone
- Experience with custom woodworking, decks, fences, pergolas...
- Basic knowledge water features, low voltage lighting, plant id & softscaping is an asset
- Must know how to operate a variety of construction tools and equipment such as a plate tamper, wheel-barrow, rakes, levels, quick-cut saw, auger, skill saw, drills etc...
- Experienced on Skid steer, excavator an asset
- Physically fit to perform repetitive laborious tasks and handling heavy loads that require a combination of sitting, kneeling, bending, standing, lifting, digging, raking and walking.
- Able to work long hours in a “hands-on” capacity, under varying weather conditions.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, good communication skills, well mannered, presentable, creative
- Hard working, reliable, efficient, good problem-solving skills, and a desire to produce a high standard of workmanship in a productive manner
- Self motivated, with ability to work independently or as part of the team
- Ability to accurately record and report information required
- First Aid/CPR certification is an asset.
- College certification from Landscape program / LO certifications are an asset.
- What we expect of all our team:
- Work performance and technique meeting or exceeding our company and client standards
- Respectful of co-workers, supervisors and clients (and their property)
- (We are) ICPI certified, and work within those parameters for all installations
- Safe operation of equipment, tools and all tasks, at ALL times
- Organized, neat and tidy, great attention to detail and take PRIDE in your craftmanship
- Maintaining a clean and organized job site at all times
- Must have valid G licence (Experience driving truck & trailer asset) and have reliable transportation to various job sites
- Able to operate a skid steer/bobcat and/or mini excavator an asset
- Must wear company shirt (provided). Own Equipment: safety shoes at all times is a MUST, and appropriate safety gear when required (ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles etc...)
Based on experience. Must be able to work flexible hours, which requires working days, late evenings, and possible Saturdays during peak times.
Must have own reliable transportation to get to work, as projects are in various locations such as GTA EAST, York, and Durham.
We are also looking for landscapers at an entry level position and willing to train the right candidate. Student Applications Accepted. Own transportation required.
If qualified and interested, please reply to this ad with position you are applying for, attach resume or list skill set to begin the application process. (PDF or text files preferred.) email@example.com
*Winter / or ongoing employment is available in other aspects of residential construction for those who wish to grow and stay on with us full-time year round. Preference may be given to career oriented applicants well rounded in the construction industry. We are not a lawn maintenance company, and do not offer winter snow removal services. If interested please inquire when submitting resume.
Hess Landscaping Ltd.
Toronto (Surrounding areas East & North), Ontario
Jul 10, 2017