Why Work for Geoscape?
- We take pride in motivating, training and developing one another;
- We are constantly seeking bigger and better challenges;
- We offer competitive wages and an abundance of hours;
- We have a year-end performance based bonus plan;
- We subsidize medical and dental benefits and group retirement savings plan;
- We offer secure and long-term employment opportunities;
- You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company!
Geoscape Contracting is a pioneer in the green industry specializing in landscape construction for many large commercial and urban developers, with projects spanning across the GTA. We dedicate ourselves to all aspects of commercial landscaping, including but not limited to; softscaping, hardscaping, grading, retaining walls, plant installation, sodding, terraseeding, park construction and trucking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain safety as number one priority in all daily activities;
- Conduct all business in a positive and professional fashion ensuring Geoscape’s Core Values are being represented to the highest standards.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Manager and Horticultural Coordinator to ensure job requirements are satisfied on time;
- Accurately load trucks and floats with required plant material and supplies as per assigned pick lists;
- Document and communicate materials returning from sites;
- Ensure all plant material is well maintained throughout operating season;
- Ensure all irrigation requirements are met throughout operating season, including weekends if required;
- Work alongside Horticultural Coordinator to verify and confirm quantity and quality of all plant material received;
- Communicate with Horticultural Coordinator to maintain a current up to date inventory of the supplies / plant material in the Geoscape yard;
- Assist with tracking all material leaving the Geoscape yard;
- Assist with small tool sign outs;
- Responsible for yard safety as well as identifying and eliminating hazards;
- Operate and perform preventative maintenance on relevant yard tools and equipment;
- Be prepared to work outdoors in inclement weather;
- Help maintain and ensure organization of the Geoscape farm;
- Perform winter prep and spring start up procedures;
- Actively engage in positive team culture and use Chatter to encourage team members and spread positivity;
- DZ license is considered an asset.
If you are a passionately proud, safety oriented, caring individual that is interested in succeeding together within a fun organization where growing and exceeding expectations are a part of our every day culture then apply now!
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Geoscape Contracting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Contract to Hire
May 22, 2017