Reliable Care Landscape Management is in search of an enthusiastic and motivated landscape architect or landscape designer to join our growing firm!
We are an energetic, busy private practice in Toronto, Ontario with a variety of projects across the GTA. We primarily focus on high-end multi-residential, commercial and institutional properties. We’ve been providing commercial maintenance services, design, construction and snow removal to our customers in the Greater Toronto Area since 1988.
We are looking for an outgoing, mature individual who is self-starting, creative and passionate about the green industry. Our employees are encouraged to work as a team, share experiences and expertise and we have a friendly open work space. Our firm is conveniently located near Warden and Lawrence Avenue East and is accessible by TTC.
Reliable Care Landscape Management encourages individual growth and learning, while working in a well-organized, supportive team environment. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, competitive salaries, personal development opportunities and the chance for professional career growth. Our dedicated employees care about what they do and it shows in the high-quality services delivered with consistency to our clients.
If you have what it takes we want to hear from you….
Job Title: Landscape Architect/Designer
Reports to: Vice-President
Hours per week: Full-time (40 hours)
The Landscape Architect/Designer is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks to manage the timely completion of landscape design & planning projects. Working in conjunction with the Vice-President/Sales, the landscape architect will be required to support the selling process of multiple jobs while scouting for additional opportunities within and outside the client roster.
Core Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Customer and quality focused
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Strong organizational and time management skills (ability to multi-task)
- Can review work with detail/precision
- Mature, responsible and dependable
- Self-starting and motivated
- Ethics and integrity
- Confer with clients to determine landscaping needs and be force of proposal for additional projects
- Survey and assess designated sites and develop designs taking into consideration landscape features, buildings, climate, future usage and other aspects
- Community and Stakeholder engagement
- Prepare detailed drawings for sites
- Prepare written reports
- Assistance with proposal preparation
- Prepare site plans, reports, sketches, 3D models, photomontages and design plans
- Prepare details, site plan applications and construction drawing packages
- Estimate costs and prepare technical specifications
- Contract administration
- Responsible for overseeing the completion of the projects, in coordination with the construction manager
- Employee training and evaluation as per the company’s policy
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- May be required to support with office work and/or operational support as required
- Completion of Bachelor Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Member of the OALA, an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience
- Plant knowledge and identification, specifically trees, shrubs, and perennials
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft office, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp;
- Comfortable in a collaborative team environment;
- Experience with preparing contract documents, the construction process and contract administration;
- Experience with ArcGIS will be considered an asset; and,
- Hand drawing/sketching skills will be considered an asset.
- Physically fit with strong stamina
- Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective English communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team
- Possess a valid driver’s license and dedicated vehicle
- Professional appearance and ability to work and interact with customers, consultants
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Requires good manual dexterity
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Occasional weekend work
Please forward resumes to: E-mail: email@example.com
and apply via landscape.jobs
Visit our website: www.reliablecare.co