Scope of Position: Construction Foreman will be responsible for the overall performance of the jobsite they are assigned.
This includes assisting in the performance of the staff, scheduling and planning, achieving desired results in Productivity, Estimation, Job Costing and Maintaining a safe, customer friendly environment.
The Construction Foreman will be responsible for; executing site layout and set grades as per plans, Manage the execution of the construction project and report to project manager with next day’s plan and materials to ensure smooth and efficient completion of jobs.
Delegate tasks to the appropriate crew members in order to complete jobs efficiently.
Able to hold crew members accountable in a professional manner for mistakes or rework. Ensure quality and efficiency are balanced while meeting deadlines.
Complete paperwork if applicable on a daily basis and hand in to office.
Ensure all crew members are following company safety policies and regulations. Maintain and enforce standards of cleanness and organization at job site as well with company truck, tools and yard areas.
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape Construction crew
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew member to assist in the completion of the project
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Conduct workplace/jobsite inspections
- Carry out accident/incident investigations
- Provide information to workers of all actual and potential hazards in the workplace
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Perform employee health and safety observations
- Correct substandard acts or conditions and commend employee health and safety performance
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a weekly basis, including: site meeting logs, , equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a weekly basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 year experience in the landscape/Construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
Applicant should have the following skills:
- Basic carpentry skills, forming and pouring a variety of concrete products such as concrete pads /steps, curbing /sidewalks, etc.
- Should know how to set grade and compact bases for interlock /flagstone /retaining walls.
- Manage the execution of the construction project and report to project manager with next day’s plan and materials to ensure smooth and efficient completion of jobs.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid “G” driver’s license, “DZ – AZ” is an asset.
- HEO card is an asset
- Also must have a smart phone or data enabled device for communication and reporting, example, emails and electronic time sheets
- Must have own reliable vehicle to get to Pickering for 6 am (Brock Rd and 407)
- Must wear company uniform and be well presentable
- Be part of a growing company that cares about its employees and helps them better their knowledge and skill set
- Competitive wages based on experience.
- Company vehicle opportunities.
- Year round work, no layoffs for hard working individual.
- Health, dental and some other benefits after 3 months.
- Daily overtime, vacation pay.
Position pays $20-$42 per hour, wage based on experience
Vaughan Home and Lawn
May 01, 2017