An estate in the Cobourg area is seeking a full time Seasonal Gardener. Reporting to the Property Manager, the Gardener will assist in a variety of daily maintenance tasks, construction of new flower gardens and landscape designs. We are looking for a fit, energetic and reliable person preferably with gardening, plant and landscape design knowledge. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, time management and organizational skills.
Passionate, Driven and reliable
- Comfortable and confident working in a relatively unsupervised environment where intuition, initiative and proactivity are valued
- Organized, efficient, responsible and able to prioritize
- Effective and articulate communication skills, both written and verbal, fluent in English
Will include, but not limited to the active involvement in the conception, design (redesign) and implementation of;
- New flower gardens
- Existing flower gardens
- Expansion of vegetable garden
Will include, but not limited to;
- Lawn maintenance
- Spring and Fall clean ups
- Garden bed maintenance
- Operating farm & landscape equipment.
- Coordinate and manage all garden operations (planting, watering, harvesting, weeding) and other essential activities as required to maximize overall quantity and quality of yield.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of additional and required garden activities including seed starting, fertility management, and compositing.
- Order, purchase, and/or transport garden materials (compost, seeds, seedlings, tools & equipment) as needed.
- Assist with landscaping tasks and maintenance of garden sheds, fences, trellises etc.
- Harvest, weigh, record, and deliver fresh produce
- Liaise with other staff as needed
Personal Character Expectation
- Efficient, quite hardworking, diligent, warm, experienced, knowledgeable with happy, positive attitude
- Good manager of time, proactive with initiatives
- Detailed oriented, courteous, discreet, honest and responsible character
- Always well groomed, non-drug user, non-smoker, physically able to perform duties
- Willing to provide police check, be bondable
- Willing to sign and adhere to confidentiality agreement
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate on experience
Job Location: Cobourg, ON, Canada
Norval Community Association
May 01, 2017