Urban Garden is an established Design / Build and Maintenance company specializing in condominiums, commercial properties, parks and streetscapes in the central and downtown Toronto area. Our base of operations is Eglinton and Bayview Ave.
We are looking for experience team leaders who have a passion for landscaping and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment!
Decorative Planting & Maintenance
You will be responsible for:
- picking up plant material from the Ontario Food Terminal and other grower locations
- organization of plant material at the yard
- coordinating planting plans to be installed that day
- creative installation of decorative plantings in beds and containers
- supervising and overseeing crew on correct planting techniques and efficiency.
- comprehension and instruction maintenance programme, including turf and plant care
- operating and maintaining maintenance tools
- Working within a scheduled time and supervising a crew of 2-4 staff members.
- ensuring the sites are looking up to Urban Garden’s standard before leaving.
- filling out maintenance reports or duties as required by the maintenance manager.
- keeping track of time spent on sites
- providing feedback to the manager in all areas
- availability to work flexible hours (some pre-determined weekends are mandatory)
- skilled, reliable and enthusiastic persons
- ability to lead a team with minimal supervision
- valid “G” drivers’ license (mandatory),
- experience driving large vans and cube vans an asset
- previous landscape training
- experience in landscape maintenance and planting
- knowledge of plant material and weed identification
This full time seasonal position entails (approximately) 50 hours per week, starting immediately (April through to December - Some weekends are mandatory).
Compensation is dependent on industry experience, training and references.
Urban Garden offers competitive wages and opportunities in professional development.
Thank you for your interest in our company, we look forward to a great season.
Please submit applications by e-mail to:
Manager – Decorative Planting and Maintenance
Tel. 416-465-1485 Fax. 416-466-1532
Mar 31, 2017