Fossil Project Services is a leading landscape construction company that has built some of Vancouver’s most spectacular outdoor spaces. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with the right skills to join our team in the role of Landscape Designer / Project Coordinator. The primary function of the role is to create and update technical drawings, co-ordinate material orders and delivery to several construction projects and provide fast and effective problem solving to challenges that arise.
For more information and to check out some of our amazing projects, visit www.fossilprojectservices.com.
- Advanced knowledge of Auto Cad and SketchUp
- Manage the purchase and delivery of construction materials (researching prices, getting quotes, ordering, tracking delivery) from existing and new suppliers
- Overseeing timeliness, accuracy and quality of all construction material and product deliveries
- Ability to perform accurate take-offs for materials from plans or site
- Experience in creating ‘As Built’ plans (including lighting, irrigation, drainage, gas and site services) from drawings and site visits
- Ability to take accurate measurements from construction sites and translate them to a working master drawing
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and work to deadlines
- Great communication skills and able to work with a wide range of personalities and positions.
- General knowledge of horticulture and plant identification
- Knowledge of local City Bylaws and building code
- Landscape Architecture Technologist Certificate or similar design/drafting qualification
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive hourly based compensation depending on skills and experience
- Group health and dental benefits
- Progressive company environment with opportunity to develop and advance
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Company sponsored events
To register your application please email your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
Fossil Project Services
Vancouver, British Columbia
Nov 13, 2017