Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, performs a variety of specialized technical tasks related to to horticultural science. Participates in projects and the over all beautification of the property.
Major duties and responsibilities:
1) Participates in projects in the field of horticulture. Discusses the orientation and technical demands of projects and existing landscapes. Reviews, selects and modifies methodology. Assumes responsibility for the technical aspects in the execution of projecs and maintenanace of existing landscapes.
2) Performs a variety of specialized technical tasks related to horticulture.
3) Performs duties related to the maintnenace and installation of trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials and turf grass.
4) Performs duties related to greenhouse operations
5) Prepares land, weeds, applies fertilizers
6) Selects plant material for future gardens and designs new landscape projects
7) Acts as a resource person and resolves horticultural related problems. Provides technical guiudance and assistance concerning work methods, the use of equipment and techniques, and the analysis of results.
8) Compiles data. Prepares reports. maintains records and files.
9) Maintains equipment and performs minor repairs
10) Maintains inventory.
11) Performs duties related to the maintenance of a compost production program
12) Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
13) Perform in a team environment
14) Operate equipment such as sprayers, rototillers, skidsteers, tractors, pruning tools and hand tools.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is a representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to do this job description.
Education and experience:
Currently enrolled in or has graduated from a college or university horticulture program or has 3-5 years of experience operating in a horticultural technician position.
Paid for professional development (We encourage increasing education in the field of your position)
Full time year round
Salary-annual amount to be discussed in the interview
work wear allowance-amount to be discussed in the interview