1) Participates in projects in the field of horticulture. Discuss the orientation and technical demands of projects and existing landscapes.
2) Performs duties related to the maintenance and installation of trees, shrubs, annuals, perennials and turf grass.
3) Perform dutires related greenhouse operations
4) Perform duties related to irrigation system repairs and maintneance.
5) Perform duties related to the maintenance of a compost production program.
6) Operate equipment such as sprayers, rototillers, tractors, skidsteers, pruning tools and hand tools.
7) Perform in a team environment
The list of duties outlined above is representative and not a complete detailed list of tasks which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this job description.
Education and experience:
Currently enrolled in or has graduated from a college or university horticulture program or 1-3 years experience in grounds and garden maintenance.
Hourly wage commensurate on experience and to be discussed during the interview
full time seasonal 40+ hours/week with duties extending into December and beginning in March
Paid for professional development (We encourage increasing education in the field of your position)