Urban Garden is an award winning and long-established Design/Build and Maintenance company specializing in condominiums, commercial properties, parks and streetscapes in the central and downtown Toronto area
We are currently looking enthusiastic, hard working individuals with a passion for landscaping to join our collaborative and positive team for another great season!
Details on the various opportunities:
- Oversee and supervise the Landscape Maintenance and Decorative Planting of various properties (commercial or residential). This also includes all softscape landscaping; (loading, delivery and transport of nursery stock, planting, transplanting, reading and carrying out plans for designated projects). Strong leadership and organizaltional skills within the industry required.
- Manage crews in your division including scheduling, training including various administrative and human resource responsibilities.
- Organize and monitor quality control, meeting with clients and provide regular reports and updates to ensure quality control and efficient results.
- Assist with the estimating and the progress of various projects.
Landscape Technician - Crew Members:
- Landscape maintenance of various properties (commercial and residential)
- Maintenance duties include: turf management, bed and plant material care, mulch and soil applications, pruning, weeding, cultivating, watering, debris cleanup and disposal – with the administration of sustainable/organic land care practices.
- Installation of decorative plantings in beds and containers
- Softscape landscaping: planting, transplanting, loading/transport of nursery stock, reading and carrying out plans for designated projects.
Landscape Technician - Watering & Maintenance:
- Landscape maintenance and watering of various properties (commercial and residential). Driving and navigating through the city tending to the care, preparation, maintenance, watering and fertilizing of plant material. Requires experienced and confident driving capabilities with flexible (often very early) hours.
- Participate and join landscape crews as needed (see above)
- Organize, water and maintain all plant material held at the company shop, assisting in transport and preparation of planting projects.
Get in touch with us if you:
- enjoy and thrive within a fast passed (and sometimes stressful!) environment, working outdoors in various conditions with flexible availability.
- have Landscape & Horticulture education, training and/or equivalent working experience.
- have experience with seasonal decorative planting
- currently have a valid “G” drivers’ License and are comfortable using larger vehicles drive and navigate throughout the downtown core.
- have experience with landscape maintenance tools and equipment.
- are self motivated, punctual, with a positive work ethic.
This is a full time seasonal position that entails (approximately) 50 hours per week, starting in April through to December (Some weekends are mandatory).
Urban Garden values and promotes professional development and strives to ensure our employees qualifications and strong work ethics are compensated accordingly.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
We look forward to another great season.
Please submit applications - stating your interest in a particular position - by e-mail to:
Manager – Decorative Planting and Maintenance
Tel. 416-465-1485 Fax. 416-466-1532