We believe and invest in a company culture that is fully committed to our mission, vision and values and therefore hire based on one’s character and values first. So, we are looking for passionate people who want to grow in a fun, professional environment where people are cared for and integrity is our rudder.
At Landmark, we strive for excellence and sustainable growth with a commitment to quality, service, safety and ethics, while promoting team building and family values.
Learn more at: http://thelandmarkgroup.ca
ROLE: The Estimator / Project Manager
- Primary focus of the Project Manager/Estimator (PME) is on the completion of precise, timely and comprehensive landscape construction estimates to enable the team to meet targets, while monitoring company capabilities to produce work according to divisional budgets and profit goals.
- Influence and manage the financial sustainability of the company and execution of detail-oriented construction projects in line with our high-end, customer-centric brand.
- Leadership: is to provide effective leadership and direction within the construction division.
- Safety & Policy: ensure that there is compliance with all company policies, provincial regulations and procedures, with special attention being given to safety and MOL issues
- Growing People: responsible for training, equipping, enabling and growing staff and teammates. One must be able to identify individuals with the desire to move forward and upward within the company structure. They are to train and develop these individuals, including those who are interested in the role of project management and estimating.
- Facilitate/manage, ensuring that all customer deadlines are met and manpower is utilized to a maximum efficiency.
CHARACTER & SKILLS:
Aligned with our core values of: 1. Pursuit of Excellence 2. Inspired Beauty 3. Committed Relationships 4. Authentic Integrity
- High attention to detail in technical specifications and written communication
- Performance driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong in math and accounting
- Highly alert, and demonstrates problem solving skills
- Highly structured in organization and time management, demonstrating initiative
- Competent with Quickbooks Accounting
- Proficient with computers, including CAD and/or Sketchup, and Excel
- Technically skilled
- Performs and demands excellence in quality of work
- Service and teamwork focused
- Driven to improve efficiencies
- Innovative and focused on learning and self improvement
- Budget review and monitoring
- Estimate and build project proposals and supporting documents in timely manner to support presentation deadlines for sales staff
- Jobcost all projects by division in a timely fashion
- Continuous improvements and value engineering
- Grow and lead staff and teammates
- Develop S.O.Ps for improved systems