Do you love working outdoors? Are you looking to develop new skills? Are you interested in working with a growing entrepreneurial company that recognizes and rewards hard work?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we would love to hear from you!
NeighborScape Inc., headquartered in the Manotick area, has been servicing residential and commercial clients since 2006 for all their landscape design, construction and property maintenance needs.
We are currently looking for an experienced, reliable, honest and hardworking Foreman to join our expanding landscaping construction division. This division conducts projects varying from property grading and sodding to full-scale interlocking property design and installations.
- This position and crew is responsible for the management and completion of small-large sized interlock projects, sod installation, seeding, property grading and all types of landscaping services
- Manage the safety, quality and productivity of the job site
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscaping crew of 2
- Perform maintenance of tools, equipment and vehicles by conducting inspections, lubricating and cleaning on a regular basis
- Complete and submit daily paper work
- Comply with all companies policies and regulations
- Minimum of 2 years experience in interlock installation of retaining walls, steps, patios, walkways, coping, etc.
- Design experience is considered an asset
- A portfolio of previous work completed is recommended
- Experience in sod/seed installation, grading and other softscaping services is required
- Experience in deck building and woodworking is considered an asset
- Safe use and experience in using handheld brick saws, table saws, packers and other landscaping equipment
- Demonstrated experience in operating heavy machinery, such as a mini-ex and skid steer
- Experienced and comfortable driving with trailers and small dump trucks empty and loaded, up to 5 tons of towing capacity, equipment and aggregate
- Valid driver’s license, with a clean record (3 year driving abstract required)
- Class AR License considered an asset
- Experience in face to face interaction with customers.
- Experience in managing a crew
- Experience in handling a work site, from planning, to excavating to finish product
- Strong communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Personal transportation to shop in Manotick area required
This is a contract position (approx. April 2017 – November 2017). In some cases, there is a possibility for extension.
We offer competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. A performance-based bonus is also available. Successful candidates receive paid training and work an average of 50 hours / week, Monday-Friday.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest, however only shortlisted / qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For additional opportunities, please visit http://neighborscape.ca/contact/careers
Apr 24, 2017