Why Work for Geoscape?
- We take pride in motivating, training and developing one another;
- We are constantly seeking bigger and better challenges;
- We offer competitive wages and an abundance of hours;
- We have a year-end performance based bonus plan;
- We subsidize medical and dental benefits and group retirement savings plan;
- We offer secure and long-term employment opportunities;
- You have the opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing company!
Geoscape Contracting is a pioneer in the green industry specializing in landscape construction for many large commercial and urban developers, with projects spanning across the GTA. We dedicate ourselves to all aspects of commercial landscaping, including but not limited to; softscaping, hardscaping, grading, retaining walls, plant installation, sodding, terraseeding, park construction and trucking.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains safety as being the number 1 priority in all daily activities;
- Monitors materials on site and informs foreman by 9am of supplies needed for the next day;
- Provides updates on the progress and evolving needs of the construction site;
- Teaches and leads crew members on safe work and other best practices;
- Ensures daily maintenance/inspections are carried out on all site equipment;
- Effectively communicates with co-workers, supervisors, client groups, and the general public;
- Physical tasks include, but are not limited to: tree and shrub planting, receiving and unloading materials, spreading and grading soil, mulch and aggregates, installing/removing T-bars, silt fences and weed mats.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the landscape construction field;
- Knowledge of planting and hardscape techniques as well as horticultural best practices;
- Landscape Technician Diploma considered an asset;
- Possesses full Ontario Driver’s License with a clean abstract;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to safely operate applicable machinery and hand tools;
- Demonstrates the ability to problem solve and manage time effectively.
If you are a passionately proud, safety oriented, caring individual that is interested in succeeding together within a fun organization where growing and exceeding expectations are a part of our every day culture then apply now!
We thank everyone that applies, however only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Geoscape Contracting welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Greater Toronto Area, Ontario
Apr 03, 2017