About the Company:
Hollander Landscaping Ltd., is a premier landscape design company servicing customers within the GTA area. Hollander Landscaping Ltd is dedicated to creating outdoor living spaces that balance both beauty and function while keeping our customer's satisfaction as of utmost importance. Due to our growth we are seeking an Office Administrator/Bookkeeper.
About the Opportunity:
Hollander Landscaping Ltd. is looking for a skilled and dynamic Office Administrator/Bookkeeper to contribute to the success of the company. The Office Administrator/Book Keeper will ensure efficient and timely operations of the office so as to support and enhance the work of the organization. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to grow a long-term career with a strong and stable company. If you take pride in offering terrific customer service and in being a creative, independent problem-solver, this role may be for you.
The Office Administrator/Bookkeeper will report to the President and Operations Manager. This is a full time position offering a competitive salary.
Responsibilities: The Administrator /Bookkeeper will work closely with the President, Operations Manager and Vice President and others where needed to:
- Manage the full accounts receivable process, create and open new project codes, invoice customers, follow up for payment;
- Enter and code supplier invoices, supplier reconciliations, follow up for monthly employee expenses, print and mail cheques;
- Prepare reports and perform credit card reconciliation;
- Prepare analysis as tasked;
- Manage vacation calendars for field staff;
- Liaise with suppliers to order products (and removal on completion) for site depot and for client sites;
- Manage incoming phone calls;
- Manage client enquiries;
- Manage and write emails for President;
- Manage and maintain customer database;
- Manage and maintain files digitally;
- Manage and maintain social media presence on various platforms;
- General filing, general office management, order supplies, ensure tidiness;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills. They will be dynamic, organized, professional and able to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organization. The ability to multi-task and move tasks forward, on a daily basis and accordingly to tight timelines, is key. The ability to work individually and as part of a team to achieve a desired outcome, with a great attitude, is essential. Specific requirements include:
- Post-secondary education;
- Specific experience in book keeping and QuickBooks;
- Proven success in leading and managing multiple and complex projects involving many stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail, client service, and a highly proactive “take ownership” attitude;
- Proven ability to work with a variety of cross-functional teams, often with competing priorities;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail and internet;
- Proficiency in the use of social media, including Facebook, Houzz, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- While we appreciate all applications, only applicants deemed qualified will be contacted. Please send your resume, cover letter and references by e-mail.
- Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter and references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Location: Toronto
Hollander Landscaping Ltd
Toronto (West End), Ontario
Feb 20, 2017