Experienced Foreman Required - Supervisor Positions Available for Residential Landscape Installations
We are a group of talented, unique and highly creative individuals who are looking to add to our ranks! If you are intrigued by our team and are ready to join our family; one of Toronto’s Premier Landscape Firms – this is your opportunity to dazzle us!
We are currently looking to round out our team; the right members could come from a varied background with emphasis on knowledge, skill and expertise in hardscape and softscape installations for residential landscapes. Experience is an asset in this role; character, drive, demonstrated skill, motivation and confidence are factors that should set you apart from the crowd!
Landscape Construction Foreman
The landscape construction foreman will perform tasks including reading plans and job packages, site staging, ordering materials, directing and training his or her staff on job site tasks, communicating and working with the project manager and the client. The foreman will complete heavy landscape construction, site demolitions and excavations, hard and soft installations and project budget reviews.
- train crew members to improve job site skill set (machine operation, quality and efficiency improvements, stonemasonry)
- complete performance reviews with lead hand/driver and labourers
- complete job site safety inspections
- responsible for ensuring all required PPE and safety equipment is used by crew members
- comply with Occupational Health & Safety Act regulations (see OHSA S. 27: Duties of Supervisor)
- ability to drive a 5-ton or larger truck with trailer
- load/unload and secure machines and material in trucks and on trailers
- review construction sites to identify and eliminate potential hazards
- control traffic passing near, in or around work zones
- dig ditches or trenches using an excavator, backfill excavations, compact or level earth to grade specifications using picks, shovels, tampers, rakes
- erect or dismantle scaffolding, shoring braces, TPZs, traffic barricades, job-site enclosures, ramps and other temporary structures
- position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete using saws, hammers, drills, nails, screws or bolts
- cut and install precast and natural stone for patios, walkways, retaining walls,
- signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials
- handle, install, fertilize and water plant material
- read plans, instructions or work specifications to determine work activities
- complete daily progress reports and meetings on site with project manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- high school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years or more landscape construction experience
- Excavator, skid steer, articulated loader operation experience
- Proficient at reading drawings, details and following job packages
- Attention to Detail – job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability – job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations
- Stress Tolerance – job requires maintaining composure, and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations
- Communication – job requires daily reports using a smart phone and clear communication skills for articulating information to the foreman and general manager
- Organization – job requires excellent organization skills and ability to complete projects within given deadlines
- Training – job requires being experienced at working with and training staff on job skills
This position requires a high level of personal organization and motivation, and social intelligence. It is highly physical in nature and requires the applicant to be able to lift weight of up to 50lbs and includes frequent repetitive tasks. It also requires the applicant to have experience driving trucks with trailers and operating excavators and skid steers.
Oriole Landscaping Ltd.
Feb 13, 2017