Job Responsibilities include:
1) General Office Duties
• Answer and direct incoming phone calls
• Greet walk-in customers and truck drivers, sign for deliveries and prepare outgoing mail
• General filing, and shredding of old documents as required
• Share in office cleaning duties (vacuum, mop, dust, etc.)
2) Enter customer orders into our system
• Use Excel database to input customer orders (knowledge of Functions an asset)
• Upload customer’s orders into our in-house POS system (Greenworks)
• Edit orders in POS to accommodate changes or customer requests
• Process and Print required reports (Order Confirmation, Picking slips, Invoices)
• Strong attention to detail required to ensure accuracy for specific customer
requirements (eg. special pricing/discounts, delivery requirements,
shipping costs, etc.)
3) Create customer product labels
• Attention to customer’s specific requirements is a MUST!!
• Use up old label stock whenever possible to reduce waste
• Contacting customers directly when information on pricing is needed or missing
• Monitor printer supply levels
Must be able to work additional extra hours as needed
• Hours can vary between 7am-6pm as needed for maximum support staff coverage
• Occasional Saturdays in spring (scheduled in advance)
• Due to the nature of the business, able to work on Statutory holidays in spring
• Ability to speak/read French is an asset (preferred but not required)
• Previous experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Greenworks programs is an asset
• Knowledge and previous experience with landscape materials and nursery/greenhouse procedures is an asset
• Must be reliable, have own transportation, and be able to commit to a contract position to begin in late February, and running through October. Average of 40-50 hours a week, generous hourly wages. Must display maturity, and willingness to complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
**Anticipated start date: February 21, 2017
This is a temporary, February through October, full-time position.
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by fax to 905-563-5256.
(include the subject line ‘2017 Office Assistant Application’)