About the Job
The Perennial Foreman motivates and leads teams to produce top quality plants in a safe and productive work environment. The foreman is responsible for ensuring tasks carried out in an efficient manner and the documentation is completed. Working with the perennial team, they also help to ensure the crops are pest and disease free, irrigated properly and staged in order to meet market demands. This is a full-time, seasonal position.
• Follow written or verbal instructions from supervisors.
• Organize and motivating crews of up to 6 people to be productive, safe and organized in their daily activities.
• Organizing and ensuring all associated materials are prepared for the day’s activities.
• Ensuring a safe and clean work area is maintained at all times.
• Ensure that all plant material is free of pests and diseases and report any problems to the perennial team.
• Assist with inventory when necessary – count and assess crop quality for shipping readiness.
• Pesticide spraying duties in a rotational schedule.
• Other duties as necessary through out the season (propagation, shipping, growing, etc.)
• Good communication and leadership skills.
• Organized with good record keeping skills.
• Ability to work well in a team and individually.
• Good computer skills
• Problem solving skills - ability to resolve conflicts quickly and effectively.
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Species identification would be an asset as well as a good working knowledge of growing procedures (i.e. pruning, winterizing, fertilizing, spacing, weeding etc.)
• A diploma or degree in Horticulture would be beneficial
• A valid Ontario Pesticide Applicator’s License or willingness to obtain
9674 Winston Churchill Blvd, R.R #2
Norval ON L0P 1K0
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.