Job Location Schomberg, ON
Contract Position February – December 2017
Schedule Monday – Friday – 8hrs/day *Hours extended in Spring & Fall
- To plan, execute and review freight operations, including inbound and outbound, while ensuring maximum efficiency and results within designated timelines.
- Plan, organize and execute all freight operations.
- Co-ordinate loads with owner operators, carrier dispatchers and other personnel directly affected by shipping.
- Ensure all customer deadlines and requests are met when possible, including revising dispatch plans to meet these requirements where feasible.
- Monitor and manage rack inventory at customer locations.
- Understand and manage all costs associated with freight operations while streamlining to minimize associated costs.
- Manage rental and lease equipment.
- Manage carriers and direct freight costs.
- Review and analyze driver time/hours and hourly rates to ensure accuracy of carrier billings.
- Manage Fuel costs
- Budget load costs and post on web dispatch.
- Communicate the shipping/delivery plan with team members.
- Responsible for all delivery appointments
- Act as a liaison between the customers and drivers/Carriers
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Work, Outlook)
- Critical thinking and quick decision making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication (English)
- Knowledge of highway trucking and the associated rules and regulations.
- Understanding French is an asset but not required.
Education & Experience
- High school Diploma Required
- Post Secondary preferred
- 3+ years of industry experience in a 'Load Broker' Position is preferred
- Load Link experience required
Brookdale Treeland Nurseries Ltd.
Feb 01, 2017