Crew Leader / Manager
Premium Horticulture - Landscaping Company
(File Reference: CL-2017)
On behalf of our Client, a leading Peterborough-area horticulture and landscaping business, we are pleased to be conducting a search for a Crew Leader / Manager. This is a permanent, full-time role that will plan, organize, supervise, and perform a variety of routine and customized landscaping and grounds maintenance work for customers in Peterborough and the surrounding area.
- Provide hands-on leadership and training to a team of 2-5 landscaping staff.
- Ensure the efficient delivery of services to customers while maintaining high quality results in a courteous manner that ensures exceptional standards are attained.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure work has been properly completed.
- Provide guidance, expertise and troubleshooting for soil, planting, watering and insect control.
- Communicate landscaping priorities and methods to crew
- Supervise work to ensure site is maintained to the customer’s satisfaction
- Train crews in proper horticultural practices to ensure the highest quality of service is provided on client’s properties
- Oversee plant installations
- Maintain written records for seasonal and daily site maintenance including weekly crew summaries and instruction
- Assist owner in establishing initial client contact
- Assist owner in creating bids and estimates for plant installations, hardscapes and ongoing maintenance work
- Purchase plants, soils and supplies; maintain tool inventory.
- Ensure that overall objectives for staff health & safety, quality, client retention, growth and profitability are consistently maintained and optimized.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Post-secondary education or relevant certification in Horticulture, Landscaping techniques or a related discipline.
- Prior high-end, horticulturally diverse professional experience
- Knowledge of plants, flowers, ornamental trees and shrubs (basic identification, care, pruning) commonly used in Central Ontario landscapes
- Applicant must be well-versed in the usage, rates and timing of chemicals / fertilizer and other pest control methods.
- Experience managing a team of two or more employees with proven experience managing staff and overseeing projects as they are implemented.
- Minimum 2 years of hardscape / landscaping experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills and a proven track record of building and maintaining long term customer relationships.
- Knowledge and ability to use landscaping tools (i.e. mowers, trimmers, blowers etc.).
- Knowledge of Horticulture (pruning, planting, digging, mulching, etc.).
- Willingness to work in various weather conditions (heat, cold, wind etc.).
- Applicants must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable driving record.
Our Client offers competitive total compensation including a competitive starting wage, incentive/bonus plan geared to results, group benefits, and the opportunity for career development over the long-term for well qualified and motivated candidates.
For further position details and consideration, highly qualified Candidates are invited to submit their resume information in complete confidence to (please quote the File Reference number above):
SHRP Limited | www.savinohrp.ca
All Applications treated confidentially. While we appreciate all applications, we can only contact those individuals selected for interview.
We are committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided as part of our hiring process (if accommodation is required, Applicants are requested to make their needs known in advance).
Owen Sound / Kitchener Waterloo, Ontario
Feb 01, 2017