Oakridge Landscape Group Inc, has been in business for over 25 years. It has sales of over 10 million per year and has grown steadily over the last 15 years to be one of the leading commercial landscape companies in Hamilton.
This position reports directly to the President of the company and the Controller is a key member of the management committee. In this role the Controller will be responsible for assisting with the financial and management accounting of the company, specifically the preparation and analysis of all monthly and yearly financial statements, job cost accounting and developing the annual budgets as well as quarterly forecast. In addition, they will be responsible for managing all aspects of the general ledger, remitting all related government filings, liaising with external auditors, maintaining internal controls, and the supervision of two accounting staff.
- Review payables and supplier statement reconciliations to ensure completeness
- Assist in the invoicing and collection of the larger construction receivables
- Prepare and maintain quarterly reporting for bonding
- Serve as the primary contact for property and liability insurance issues
- Serve as the primary contact for the bank and deal with the bank on margin reports and other reporting requirements
- Serve as the primary contact for leasing arrangements
- Prepare all year end financials and working papers for the external auditors for a review engagement
- Supervise and assist with payroll related items
- Prepare monthly financial reports for owners and management team.
- Accounting designation CGA or CMA
- 10 years of controllership experience
- Experience with Jonas Accounting Software is an asset
- previous Construction based experience is an asset
- Proven abilities in budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent management and team leadership skills
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Salary: $80,000.00 /year
Interested candidates please submit coverletter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oakridge Group Inc.
Dec 19, 2016