The main function of this position is to ensure that construction projects are profitable and well constructed. The project manager is the person who has the overall responsibility for the successful planning and execution of projects. He / she is to provide management oversight for all phases of the construction project, including coordinating workers, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, that work is proceeding on schedule and within budget and maintaining customer satisfaction throughout the job.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Five years or more of experience as a Project Manager
- Extensive knowledge of Landscape Construction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Computer skills in Excel and Word Pro
- Engineering (or Landscape) certificate or Degree is not a necessity but is a benefit
- Valid drivers licence with a good drivers abstract
- Strong knowledge of construction law, contract administration, liens, holdbacks, labour law and warranties
- Must have a solid understanding of project costs and have the ability to read and interpret financial reports
- Recognize and follow occupational hazards and standard safety precautions
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Ability to negotiate with sub trades, owners, engineers, architects, inspectors and suppliers
- Skills required to develop lasting relationships with clients. This position involves managing the day to day relationship with customers in order to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our client’s expectations. Must be able to develop new business through both new and existing clients
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any one time
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with fellow coworkers. The person should inspire other employees to meet goals and work as a strong team.
- Ability to trouble shoot and resolve them as they occur. This involves being self reliant and having the ability to take the initiative
- Above average communicator. He/she must facilitate staff and client meeting effectively, hold regular meetings with the project team, keep the project team informed of changes and deliver relevant project information to superiors
- $80,000.00 per year plus benefits
Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Oakridge Group Inc.
Dec 12, 2016