The Assistant to Operations will assist ownership and management with day-to-day actions. This position is a seasonal position. A typical season is from April to December; weather dictates layoff in most cases. This position is made available due to the ever expanding company and to relieve upper management of pressures that incur with its growth.
Duties and responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy.
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks.
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers.
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all WSIB legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins.
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment.
Human Resource Management
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Ensure all vehicles, equipment and buildings are insured and policies are utilized for our business model.
- Keep track of all CVOR (yellow stickers) certifications and ensure they are up-to-date.
- Maintain standards set by ourselves; during growing season.
- Address all issues with field management and follow up.
PA to Operations
- Help management with day-to-day operations.
- Quote builder assistant.
- Setup practices to streamline business activities.
- Setup and manage all sub-trades; quality and payment control.
- Manage the 'Call B4 You Dig' program.
- Become the liaison to client concerns. Address in a timely fashion.
- Manage stock levels to soils, aggregates, pavers, natural stone, etc...
- Manage job materials and ordering.
Canidate will have a strong background in landscape management and/or strong horticulture background. This position pays a full years salary in 9 months as the input is extremly high durring the growing season.
Only applicants that meet our requirements will be contacted for an interview.
Salary Starting at $60,000 -$70,000
Blue Mountain Four Season
Nov 21, 2016