This job profile reflects the general details considered necessary to perform the principle functions and shall not be construed as an interpretation of all work requirements inherent in the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications and in the interview process that their qualifications for the positions match those specified. Applicants may be required to undergo a skills assessment.
POSITION: Cemetery Operator
This position reports to the Site Operations Manager which duties relate to the operation of two cemeteries. The functions performed in this position are in accordance with established procedures and practices.
•Operates all equipment normally used for cemetery functions, including backhoe operation, property maintenance and development in a safe and efficient manner;
• Deals with the general public and Funeral Directors in a compassionate and business-like manner and is respectful in all matters concerning burials or gravesite maintenance;
• Keeps necessary records regarding interments and other aspects of the cemetery operation under the direction of the Site Operations Manager; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A certificate or diploma in Horticulture from a recognized institution or equivalent is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of previous experience in including experience in turf maintenance and the safe operation of related equipment. Previous cemetery operation experience preferred;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to cope with emotional stress involved in cemetery work are required;
• Knowledge of computer software programs for database management;
• Demonstrated effective leadership, organizational, communication, both oral and written, customer service and problem solving skills. Proficient time management skills and flexibility in adjusting between a variety of duties;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team; • Must possess an understanding of the Highway Traffic Act and knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
• Must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s Licence Class DZ minimum (standard and automatic transmission) with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant, who is a new hire, will be required to submit a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days);
• Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment;
• Must be willing to work a 40-hour workweek in varying weather conditions and be available for shift work and stand-by as required including weekends and nights, and expected to work Sundays and Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Toronto Hebrew Memorial Parks
4600 Bathurst Street
Toronto, ON M2R 3V2
DATED: September 15, 2016