Rembrandt Landscaping Inc. is a full service design, build and maintenance company serving residential and commercial clientele.
Our clients appreciate the knowledge and passion that our professional team injects into the care and maintenance of their properties.
Rembrandt Landscaping is a growing company and looking for individuals who are passionate about positively sustaining the environment and providing our customers with exceptional landscapes. We believe it's our people that make the difference. We provide competitive compensation, benefit packages and training opportunities.
Position Title: Landscaping and Grounds Maintenance Crew Member
Alternate Titles: Crew Member, Landscape Labourer, Landscape Garden Assistant, Grounds Maintenance Worker, Sod Layer, Transplanter, Apprentice
Job Summary: Performs manual duties to maintain well cared for and attractive landscaped areas for residential and commercial properties.
Reports To: Site Supervisor/Manager
- Spread top soil; lay sod; plant flowers, grass, shrubs and trees; and perform other duties to assist in the maintenance and construction of landscapes;
- Cut grass, rake, fertilize and water lawns; fall and spring clean-up weed gardens, prune shrubs and trees; and perform other maintenance duties as directed by supervisor/manager;
- Follow all health & safety regulations including wearing appropriate protective equipment and following Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for safe handling of fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides and other dangerous chemicals;
- Clean working areas and maintain tools and equipment.
Tools & Equipment:
- Packers, chain saws, hedge shears, sod cutters, pruning saws, cut-off saws, chainsaws, mowing equipment, string & bush trimmers, power blowers, turf rollers, rototillers, etc.
- Hand tools such as shovels, rakes, hammers, wheelbarrows, picks, pruning shears, handheld and hose-end sprayers, saws, soil cultivators, water sprinklers, etc.
- Secondary School Education is preferable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Reading: WHMIS labels, equipment manuals, complete logs and incident reports, job instructions and procedures
- Ability to take instruction
- Able to work in a team
- Willingness to learn
- Problem solving
- Customer service
- Ability to lift and work in diverse weather conditions i.e. wet and/or humid conditions; hot or cold weather
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
*Full-time employments includes an employee benefits package*
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Landscape Maintenance: 1 year
Required license or certification:
Rembrandt Landscaping Inc.
Aug 22, 2016