Decorative Planting and Maintenance
Urban Garden is an award winning and established Design/Build and Maintenance company specializing in condominiums, commercial properties, parks and streetscapes in the central and downtown Toronto area
We are currently looking enthusiastic, hard working individuals with a passion for landscaping to join our collaborative and positive team for the upcoming season.
Details on the opportunity:
- Landscape maintenance of various properties (commercial and residential)
- Maintenance duties include: turf management, bed and plant material care, mulch and soil applications, pruning, weeding, cultivating, watering, debris cleanup and disposal – with the administration of sustainable/organic land care practices.
- Installation of decorative plantings in beds and containers
- Softscape landscaping: planting, transplanting, loading/transport of nursery stock, reading and carrying out plans for designated projects.
- An additional position is required which involves watering various properties throughout the downtown core, along with the watering, care and preparation of plant material held at the company shop.
Get in touch with us if you:
- enjoy and thrive within in a fast passed (and sometimes stressful!) environment, working outdoors in various conditions with flexible availability.
- have Landscape & Horticulture education, training and/or equivalent working experience.
- have experience with seasonal decorative planting
- currently have a valid “G” drivers’ License and are comfortable using larger vehicles drive and navigate throughout the downtown core.
- have a familiarity with landscape maintenance tools and equipment.
- are self motivated, punctual, with a positive work ethic.
This is a full time seasonal position that entails (approximately) 50 hours per week, starting in April through to December
Urban Garden values and promotes professional development and strives to ensure our employees qualifications and strong work ethics are compensated accordingly.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
We look forward to another great season!
Please submit applications by e-mail to:
Manager – Decorative Planting and Maintenance
Tel. 416-465-1485 Fax. 416-466-1532