Assistant Landscape Retail Sales Manager
Job Number: 2
Posted on Mar 18, 2020
Are you considered a leader? Do you lead by example? Do you like teamwork? Do you want to be part of a growing evolving organization? Are you looking to build your career? Do you put customer satisfaction first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for an Assistant Landscape Retail Sales Manager to fill a vacant position.
The Assistant Landscape Retail Sales Manager will assist and oversee the inside sales staff team, the entire sales process from beginning to end and report directly to the Sales Manager. You will assist the sales manager, train staff and also ensure the safety of everyone on premises by keeping up-to-date with health and safety policies and procedures. You will be able to drive sales forward and build the dream team for success.
Who are we?
The INL Group of Companies has been in business for 70 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards.
Why work for us?
- Industry and Community recognition
- Year-round employment
- Career path and opportunities for personal development
- Health Benefits
- On-going training
- Great work culture
- Steady growth year over year
- And much, much more…
Our landscape supply yard on Evans Ave has 6 acres of landscape construction supplies. We sell to both homeowners and landscapers and are a competitor to the big box stores. We are well known for our service and product line selection.
If you have previous landscape installation experience and feel it is time to take a new career path - or have worked as a store manager in a similar environment - this is may be the right job for you!!
This is NOT a seasonal position, in that our store is open 12 months of the year.
Duties and Responsibilities
- People Management
- Supervise, train and oversee all sales staff
- Create an open-door policy environment that encourages information sharing
- Manage staff interaction to maintain a positive environment
- Provide timely feedback to staff and management
- Support the Division Manager
- Provide coaching and training
- Solve customer issues and provide solutions
- Submit seasonal staffing requirements timely
- Operations Management
- Able to direct staff as needed, process merchandise and track inventory
- Restock, pricing and maintaining all stock – Store and Yard inventory
- Be accountable for any sales, productivity or operational issues
- Participate in management meetings
- Communicate sales goals and other business information to associates
- Able to drive sales forward and develop action plans to increase sales
- Monthly safety walks and documentation
- Oversee the safety of all operations and follow-up as required for solutions
- Customer Service
- Knowledgeable and aware of all yard operational duties
- Able to communicate professionally and courteous to all customers
- Respond timely to all correspondence – email, phone, in-person
- FIRST AND FOREMOST - Great customer service skills!!
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Landscape Installer or solid retail experience in a related managerial position.
- Take direction and follow directions from the Sales Manager
- Always maintain a safe working environment
- Good mathematical skills to calculate client needs with regards to landscaping
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership experience with a continuous improvement vision
- Strong work ethic – reliable and punctual
- Able to lead and direct a team for successful daily operations
- Proven organizational skills and ownership of the sales system
- Able to work indoors and outdoors with change in temperatures
- Ability to be a visible team-player and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy in your paperwork, attention to detailed information and able to provide solutions to clients in a positive manner
- Able to assume responsibility and have a flexible team-player attitude
**Range of pay is based on experience**
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
INL Group of Companies fosters an inclusive environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. Our strength also comes from being a diverse company and we welcome applications from women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and others. We are dedicated to building a growing workforce that reflects the diverse environment in which we live and enrich the lives of everyone we connect with everyday.
Islington Nurseries Ltd
Mar 30, 2020