GINKGO SUSTAINABILITY INC.
Ginkgo Sustainability is a leading green/living roof contractor in southwestern Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area specializing in Institutional, Commercial and Multi-Residential projects. We are looking for elite crewmembers to work on our construction projects. Our high standards attract demanding clients and excellent staff and our culture fosters pride in workmanship and attention to detail.
GREEN ROOF LEAD HAND
Job Description and Profile
A Lead Hand works with their Foreman to implement projects to plans and specifications while achieving project goals. Assisting with the management of a crew of up to six people on-site, the Lead Hand is responsible for helping ensure all work is performed safely to specification, that all paperwork is completed, and for providing guidance and training to build a high functioning team.
A Lead Hand is expected to:
• Help the crew Forman ensure the assigned job is completed as per the required scope, quality, and time allocation;
• Assisting with the leading of five to six-person team, per the Foreman’s direction, to reach project goals;
• Provide guidance and training;
• Ensure that the crew is following health and safety legislation and is adhering to the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures;
• Complete daily reports and job paperwork, as required; and,
• Keep good working relationships with crewmembers, other trades, and represent the company well in the field.
Skills and Requirements
The successful candidate:
• is trustworthy, an autonomist, respectful, self-motivating with strong leadership, management, planning, communication, and motivational skills;
• has an aptitude for physically demanding outdoor work, manual lifting and continuous movement;
• is highly motivated with an excellent work ethic;
• has experience directing a crew of three or more people;
• has a minimum of three seasons of soft and hard landscape construction experience;
• has a current G License and clean driver abstract; and,
• is willing to learn and is comfortable with heights.
Proficiency with craning and hand signals, soft and/or hard landscape construction, and/or experience with paving/interlocking stone, is an asset.
GINKGO is a full-weather company; individuals should expect to be at work in all-seasonal conditions
(depending on the severity).
• This is a full-time seasonal position. The season traditionally runs from the end of March through to the mid-December, with the potential for work over the winter.
• This position is unionized and the successful applicant will be required to become a member of the SMWIA Local 30.
• GINKGO offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience including training and education.
How to Apply
• Please forward your cover letter and résumé to Ginkgo Sustainability at email@example.com or submit via landscape.jobs.
• We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• For more information about GINKGO, please visit our website at www.ginkgosustainability.com.