Interlock Sales Associate
Job Number: 1
Posted on Jan 17, 2020
This position is part of the retail/wholesale team and falls under the direction of the Garden Centre Operations Manager. The main focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service in the area of Interlock and hardscape related materials and support the functions of Retail Operations.
Areas of Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide excellent customer service in person and through all other means of communication.
- Answer contractor and retail customer inquiries promptly.
- Give recommendations to clients regarding interlock and hardscape related products.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of in stock product and communicate requirements to complete orders.
- Increase sales of interlock and hardscape products.
- Support retail staff as required.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
- Any other related tasks as determined by the Interlock Sales Supervisor.
- Minimum 3 years experience in interlock sales and related activities
- A comprehensive knowledge of both Techo-Bloc and Permacon product lines.
- Interpretive skills to assist contractors and retail customers in selecting the proper product to complete the scope of the work.
- Good knowledge of various products, their application and how to properly install.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with working in a Windows environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working with the public in a retail setting.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
Employee must supply and wear safety shoes/boots at all times.
Ritchie Feed & Seed Inc.
Jan 18, 2020