Arborist - Winter Contract
Job Number: SLC - 0005
Posted on Jan 14, 2020
The arborist (climber) takes care of trees in urban areas. He is tasked with the cutting of dead or healthy branches, carrying out hoisting work, fertilizing trees and shrubs and spraying pesticides on trees in order to control certain insects and/or to combat disease.
- Cut dead branches and prune healthy branches of young and adult trees.
- Clear overhead networks.
- Perform rigging work on trees.
- Remove stumps from land following tree cutting.
- Fertilize the trees.
- Examine trees and determine treatment for disease.
- Work is physically demanding. You will be required to transport and use heavy equipment, while respecting safety rules.
- You will also be required to service the tools.
- Follow the policies and procedures of Strathmore Landscape Management.
- Be courteous and polite with customers and teammates.
- College as Arboriculturist /Technical degree as Arboriculturist or 1-2 years of experience.
- SIA Certification.
- Class 3 Driver’s License.
- Be physically fit and have great endurance.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record.
Please apply via landscape.jobs or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strathmore Landscape Management
Jan 20, 2020