Senior Carpenter – Landscape Construction
Job Number: 16
Posted on Oct 02, 2019
Do you like teamwork? Do you want to be part of a growing organization? Are you looking to build your career? Do you put customer satisfaction and well done jobs first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for a Senior Carpenter – Landscape Construction.
Who are we?
The INL Group of companies has been in business for over 69 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards. When we hire, we look for individuals who want to be an integral part of a large team and work together to achieve company objectives.
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation
- Year-round employment
- Career path and opportunities for personal development
- On-going training
- Great work culture
- Steady growth year over year
- And much, much more…
The Senior Carpenter – Landscape Construction will be required to perform a variety of carpentry tasks such as Custom deck construction, vertical screens, arbours, trellis construction, fencing. You should have use and knowledge of all tools associated with the position and perform tasks with the utmost care and professionalism.
- Custom deck construction, vertical screens, arbours, trellis construction, fencing, sheds.
- Able to follow specifications and schedules on job sites
- Organized and the ability to do a wood 'take-off'
- Read and interpret construction drawings
- Experience working in both Indoor and outdoor work environments
- Ability to lead a small crew
- All projects are unique and range in size and completion times
- Responsible for company van/pick-up and tools
- Actively participate in training and committed to on-going learning of safety practises
- Use Personal Protective Equipment and demonstrate hazard awareness at all times
- Presentable and professional at all times
- Good work ethic, punctual and dependable
- Must have a 3 to 5 years of proven experience in carpentry
- Completion of the Carpenter Trade Certification from an accredited University or College
- Previous experience working with IPE or similar hardwoods
- Experience working with hand and power tools
- Desire to work and learn in the industry
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail.
- Clean drivers abstract (G Licence)
**Range of pay is based on experience**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Islington Nurseries Ltd
Oct 14, 2019