Job Number: 02-19
Posted on Sep 20, 2019
Lead Hand works closely with Supervisors/Forepersons and Project Managers to successfully complete projects with an emphasis on safety, timeliness, and budgets. The Lead Hand’s scope of work will encompass assisting Supervisors/Forepersons execute construction tasks on time and on schedule. This includes completing documentation related to work performed, supplies received, subcontractors and Health & Safety requirements. The Lead Hand will also provide direction and training to Labourers as required. The work is outdoors, in a fast paced and team-focused environment.
- Assist Supervisors/Forepersons to plan, schedule, and execute construction tasks in accordance with the construction schedule.
- Assist Supervisors/Forepersons to ensure subcontractors arrive on site and conduct their work as specified and as scheduled.
- Maintain communications with Management and Operations regarding the planning and execution of construction tasks as it relates to meeting schedule and budget targets, quality of products and installations, conduct of staff and subcontractors under supervision, relations with subcontractors, employees, vendors and customers, and uses management and co-workers as a resource in the efficient execution of the work.
- Consistently maintain a high quality of workmanship on construction tasks within the specifications and budget provided for in the contract.
- Assist Supervisors/Forepersons to devise and initiate solutions to on-site business and construction issues related to materials, staffing, subcontractors, quality, schedule, customer satisfaction, health and safety, budget, specifications, design, additions and deletions, changes in scope of work.
- Assist Supervisors/Forepersons to maintain a daily log of events relating to attendance on site, equipment, subcontractors, consultants, clients, and owners.
- Always maintain positive public regard to CLC management, employees, vendors and customers.
- Comply with and enforce, the duties outlined within the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations for Constructions Projects.
- Perform snow maintenance duties as required.
Internally, relate to Project Managers and Labourers with a direct report to the Supervisors/Forepersons and Operations Manager. Externally, relate to clients, consultants, subcontractors, vendors and Ministry of Labour Inspectors.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- Familiar with civil engineering construction processes and projects.
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, and Project.
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English at a grade 12 level.
- Familiar with the Ontario Building Code.
- Valid driver’s licence with clean abstract is required.
Cambridge Landscaping & Construction Ltd.
Sep 23, 2019