Job Number: 01-19
Posted on Sep 20, 2019
Construction/Landscape Labourers work closely with Project Manager(s) and Foreperson(s) to successfully complete projects with an emphasis on safety, timeliness, and budgets. The labourer's scope of work will encompass preparing job sites and site control measures, equipment and power tool operation, setting grades, carpentry, forming and pouring concrete, asphalt, and completing documentation related to their work. Labourers will also support landscape maintenance activities including line trimming, grass cutting, site litter removal, and other duties The work is outdoors, in a fast paced and team-focused environment. Construction/Landscape Labourers provide direction and training to more junior staff as required.
- Assist Foreperson(s) and Site Supervisor(s) to clean and prepare job sites including setting up hoarding, fencing, ladders, and other temporary structures.
- Undertaking traffic control measures.
- Ensuring all work is conducted in accordance with corporate health and safety requirements.
- Interpreting blueprints, drawings, and written instructions in order to undertake work on the job site.
- Loading and delivering materials using a variety of power tools and machines such as Bobcats, forklifts, packers, grinders, pressure washers, and other hand tools.
- Breakout out concrete; forming, pouring, and finishing concrete in accordance with project specifications.
- Asphalt work including placing, raking, and compacting.
- Operating various power tools and equipment required to complete scope of work.
- Performs landscape maintenance duties including grass cutting, line trimming, and site litter pick up.
- Ensuring waste materials are properly removed and disposed of in accordance with corporate policies.
- Transporting equipment, crew members, and tools to/from job sites.
- Participates in the clean up and organization of the shop and yard as required.
- Participates in vehicle and equipment maintenance activities as required.
- Working outside in all kinds of weather.
- Labourer undertakes other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3-5 years as a construction labourer, preferably in a civil or landscape setting.
- Good physical strength, endurance and ability to work outdoors in a range of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently under little supervision and work well with others.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to understand instructions and follow these on the job site as directed.
- Ability to read technical drawing and translate these into work in the field an asset.
- Strong mechanical aptitude including the ability to perform simple repairs, replace parts, and perform general maintenance of power tools and equipment.
- Ability to run or ability to learn how to operate heavy equipment and/or snow removal equipment an asset.
- Commitment to providing quality, responsive customer service and ability to build relationships with new customers.
- Effective time management skills including the ability to prioritize competing demands, adapt to changing circumstances, and proactively resolve problems.
- Minimum G Class driver’s license with a clean abstract; AZ or DZ license an asset.
- Ability to regularly work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, when required and to participate in a 24/7 seasonal on call schedule.
Successful candidates must have their own transportation to the shop, be insurable, and have a satisfactory criminal record background check upon commencing work.
Cambridge Landscaping & Construction Ltd.
Sep 23, 2019