Job Number: 10
Posted on Jun 21, 2019
Do you like teamwork? Do you want to be part of a growing organization? Are you looking to build your career? Do you put customer satisfaction and well-done jobs first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for a Softscape Foreman.
The Softscape Foreman will assume the following:
- Proper installation of plants, plant material
- Able to install shrubs/trees/sod/topsoil/mulch
- Supervise, motivate and coordinate crew
- Read and interpret drawings
- Maintain daily work logs, including production notes and site information
- Operate skid steer/mini-excavator
- Use company pickup and other equipment responsibly and be accountable for all equipment
- Knowledge of GTA and surrounding area
- Use Personal Protective Equipment and demonstrate hazard awareness at all times
- Presentable and professional at all times
- Good work ethic, punctual and dependable
- Must have solid work experience in the landscape field – most projects based in the GTA;
- Working as a foreman or in a Supervisor’s position for 3+ years;
- Proven experience installing Shrubs/Trees/Sod;
- Horticultural knowledge (either through both your education and experience)
- Ability to motivate staff, through strong leadership skills;
- A strong work ethic is necessary to lead by example;
- A solid understanding of landscape materials gained from experience;
- Must have the ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to drive pickup truck – G Licence required with Clean Abstract
- Ability to operate a skid steer, mini excavator would be an asset
- Ability to work outdoors for long lengths of time – exposure to weather elements
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Accuracy in Reporting is Critical
- Must be detail-oriented and a thinker
**Range of pay is based on experience**
Who are we?
The INL Group of Companies has been in business for over 69 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards. When we hire, we look for individuals who want to be an integral part of a large team and work together to achieve company objectives.
Why work for us?
- Industry leading compensation
- Year-round employment
- Career path and opportunities for personal development
- Health Benefits
- On-going training
- Great work culture
- Steady growth year over year
- And much, much more…
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Islington Nurseries Ltd
Jul 02, 2019