Warehouse Manager – Outdoor Landscape Supplies
Job Number: 9
Posted on Jun 12, 2019
Gosh we are growing again!
Do you like teamwork? Do you want to be part of a growing organization? Are you looking to build your career? Do you put customer satisfaction and well-done jobs first?
If you answered yes, we are currently looking for a Warehouse Manager – Outdoor Landscape Supplies.
Who are we?
The INL Group of Companies has been in business for over 69 years and we are growing again. Our divisions include our Landscape Maintenance Division, Stone Yard Division, Landscape Construction and Garden Centre. We are well known in the maintenance industry for world-class exemplary service and the highest industry standards. When we hire, we look for individuals who want to be an integral part of a large team and work together to achieve company objectives.
Why work for us?
- Industry and Community recognition
- Year-round employment
- Career path and opportunities for personal development
- Health Benefits
- On-going training
- Great work culture
- Steady growth year over year
- And much, much more…
We are currently hiring a Warehouse Manager – Outdoor Landscape Supplies who will assume the following:
Our landscape supply yard on Evans Ave has 6 acres of landscape construction supplies. We sell to both homeowners and landscapers and are a competitor to the big box stores. We are well known for our service and product line selection.
As we continue through yet another busy season, we have come to realize that it is time to hire another manager to help with this growth.
If you have previous landscape installation experience and feel it is time to take a new career path - or have worked as a store manager in a similar environment - this is may be the right job for you!!
This is NOT a seasonal position, in that our store is open 12 months of the year.
- People Management
- Create an open-door policy environment that encourages information sharing
- Provide timely feedback to associates and to the Manager
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training
- Oversee yard cleanliness and organization by assigning daily and weekly tasks to all yard staff
- Operations Management
- Able to direct staff as needed, process merchandise and track inventory
- Oversee stock yard inventory – tracking, ordering and replenishment
- Working with our sales manager to maintain yard inventory
- Oversee drivers, forklift and loader personnel
- Perform routine checks on equipment
- Oversee the safety of all operations to reduce any risks
- Organize order preparation so trucks are loaded on time
- Identifies challenges and supports continuous improvement efforts
- Participate in management meetings
- Customer Service
- Knowledgeable and aware of all yard operational duties
- Assist customers to ensure they are helped by yard staff, or their 'pick-up' orders are processed correctly and in an efficient, friendly manner
- Able to communicate professionally and courteous to all customers and staff alike
- 2 years’ experience with landscaping materials – either hands on usage or in a retail environment (MUST)
- 1 year supervisory/foreman experience
- Forklift and/or Loader experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage staff and timelines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and have an aptitude for basic math
- Able to lift 50 lbs
**Range of pay is based on experience**
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Islington Nurseries Ltd
Jun 17, 2019