Landscape Construction Foreman/Lead Hand
Job Number: 101
Halton Hills, Ontario
Posted on Mar 08, 2019
Come and join the Acer team!
At Acer Landscapes, we pride ourselves on having established a service driven design and build business that combines our innovative, unique design with highly skilled and timely craftmanship.
We are qualified landscape designers and experienced landscape craftsmen with a proven track record of delivering quality projects for a long list of satisfied clients throughout Halton Hills & the GTA. We specialize in both residential and commercial landscape design projects, and with our attention to detail, highly skilled team and network of specialized sub-contractors we have set ourselves apart as one of Southern Ontario’s premier landscaping companies.
We invite potential staff members to become an influential and permanent part of our team and develop their skills and experience with us as a rewarding career.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
The Landscape Construction Lead Hand / Team Member is responsible for assisting in all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects.
- Minimum 3 years experience of landscape construction - interpret site plans, grading, concrete, masonry, pre-cast, carpentry, etc.
- Strong familiarity with safe and proper use of various tools and equipment, including heavy equipment, concrete saws, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, drills, etc.
- Skid-steer and mini excavator experience (certification preferred)
- Truck & trailer experience
- Strong work ethic, motivated, punctual and the desire to keep learning and improving
- Assist in the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape construction
- Assist in the construction of outdoor landscape projects which include interlock stone projects, lighting projects, gardens, fences, decks, ponds, etc.
- Read and interpret designs, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE and health and safety standards
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
Work conditions include heavy lifting, high levels of activity and prolonged outdoor exposure. Applicants with a clean, full drivers license preferred.
Acer Landscapes is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Please forward your resume to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour depending on experience
Landscaping: 2 year (Preferred)
Landscape Foreman: 2 years (Preferred)
Halton Hills, Ontario
Apr 15, 2019