Job Number: 05
Posted on Feb 19, 2019
Welcome to Whispering Pines- we are a destination company that truly care about our employees. We are growing and gearing up for Spring! We are currently recruiting in our Maintenance division for Labourers.
This position would provide year-round work - with snow removal during the winter months. Visit our website to learn more about us, and the type of projects we complete.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist supervisor is preparing for day-to-day site activities
- Demonstrate competency with equipment
- Demonstrate knowledge of plant material and maintenance practices
- Some client interaction and satisfaction
- Provide physical labour which will involve some heavy lifting
- Ensure that tools are maintained, returned to their proper locations and stored securely when travelling
- Safe operation of all tools and equipment
- Sales Assist
What we offer:
- Year-round work, with snow removal in the winter seasons
- Company provided cell phones, loaded with our own apps to track material and time. No more loose papers!
- Room to grow and expand in your desired field
- Monthly staff parties – BBQ’s, Patio Parties, Breakfast etc!
- A huge year end bash for you and your significant other
- Profit sharing programs- Year-end bonus!
- Company provided uniforms
What you offer:
- Good knowledge of best lawn maintenance practices.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Willingness to learn from others
- Able to operate or learn to operate equipment such as mowers, blowers and weed trimmers.
- Able and willing to follow detailed instructions.
- Certifications in areas of safety and equipment operation - including WHMIS, CPR, First AID, etc.
- College Diploma, Apprenticeship, CHT, University degree in Horticulture or Landscape Technology an asset.
- Minimum Starting Wage of $15.00/hour
- Maximum wage of $19.00/hour
- Employees having training including CHT, College Diploma, Completion of an Apprenticeship Program or a University Degree all in related fields may be eligible for a higher rate of pay.
- For additional benefits please see the Employee Handbook.
Whispering Pines Landscaping
Aug 26, 2019