Landscape & Equipment Maintenance Technician
Competition No: 19-3301-001
• Implement a long term plan to strategically design, install and maintain the landscapes on the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses
• Campus landscapes will be designed to effectively serve our students by providing them with an engaging and welcoming physical campus
• Assisting the Coordinator, Landscape & Horticulture Sustainability in the development of landscape plans, the construction of those landscapes, and the maintenance of the overall landscapes
• Work collaboratively with the grounds department staff to effectively keep our campus free of ice and snow during the winter months, as well as maintain the equipment fleet with preventative maintenance in conjunction with the grounds tree care and equipment technician
• During summer months, this position will support daily grounds maintenance activities
• Two year diploma in horticulture or landscaping combined with two years’ experience
• Must be experienced in equipment maintenance and repair, ranging from small hand tools such as blowers and trimmers, to large pieces of equipment such as skid steer and mowers
• Softscape installation and maintenance experience
• Certified Pesticide Applicator License must be obtained for this position
• Plant propagation familiarity is considered an asset
This is a Full-time Permanent AUPE appointment based at the Lloydminster campus, but will also support Vermilion on an on-going basis as needed, commencing as soon as possible.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please quote the competition number and send current resume and names of three references to:
Email your resume in Word or Pfd: firstname.lastname@example.org