Chief Executive Officer
Job Number: 1
Posted on Jan 25, 2019
Ferguson Forest Centre Corp. CEO
The Ferguson Forest Centre is seeking a highly qualified person to assume duties of
Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This is a permanent, full-time, 40+ hours per week,
position with competitive salary and benefits.
The Corporation operates the Ferguson Tree Nursery producing native forest tree seedlings
predominantly for Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. In addition the centre
maintains trails on 740 acres of Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources land.
CEO duties include:
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for the implementation of policies and direction instituted by the Corporation Board, as well as, the general management and operations of the Corporation
- Responsible for Ferguson Tree Nursery Operations ensuring operations are effectively and efficiently undertaken
- Provides day-to-day supervision of senior staff and sales representative,
- Responsible for the Management of the leased lands and trails on OMNRF properties in accordance with municipal and provincial agreements.
Applying applicants must have:
- Post secondary degree from a recognized educational institution in forestry, horticulture or agriculture with five (5) years of business management experience in a growing facility and five (5) years of practical horticultural or forestry experience is preferred.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and fluent in English.
For a full Job Description and related organization material refer to website careers section:
Ferguson Forest Centre
May 31, 2019