Job Number: 1
Burnaby, British Columbia
Posted on Nov 09, 2018
Since August 1, 1979 Para Space has been an award winning leader in the Canadian landscape industry. We have been built on care for those we work for and those who work here. Our company has always provided progressive landscape maintenance programs, along with contemporary designs, installations, and ecologically conscious plant health care. We have been able to grow our operation through hard work, efficiency, innovation, and by enhancing the wellbeing of our employees.
Our active participation in trade associations has helped to advance our industry, especially in the areas of employee training and workplace safety. Para Space is the most accredited landscape firm in British Columbia. We were also voted one of BC Best Companies to work for by our staff. We are very proud of our staff’s level of education and the knowledge they bring to the job each day.
- Enhancing the environment with reliable, high quality landscape services.
- Cultivating lasting relationships with our clients and team.
- Leading our industry with integrity and innovation.
- Being recognized as the best and getting there with the best.
We are currently seeking a passionate and reliable individual with the right skills and knowledge to join our friendly team of professionals in the role of Irrigation Technician. The primary function of the role is to maintain existing irrigation systems to a high standard by assessing, troubleshooting, repairing, and providing proactive recommendations to improve system performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Start-up and programming of irrigation systems
- Assessing system functionality
- Suggesting system improvements
- System repairs
- Installation of new zones, zone extensions etc.
- Maintaining a work vehicle, stocking parts
- Liaise with clients to access systems
- Daily paperwork
- Ensure safe work practices
- Work cooperatively to foster a harmonious working relationship with all co-workers and other departments
- Practical experience and knowledge in servicing and installing irrigation systems
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Industry accreditation (preferred)
- Punctual, trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and deliver timely results
- Positive and professional team attitude
- Customer service experience
- Physically demanding, hands-on work
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Combination of standing, sitting, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- Competitive wage ($22.26-$30.00 + hourly) depending on experience and accreditation
- Benefits and RRSP (after 3 months)
- MSP, Extended Health Care Expenses, Dental Care, Vision Care, etc.
- 4% paid vacation
- Company Vehicle
- Perks (Company Events, Prizes, Sporting Tickets, SWAG)
- Education sponsorship
Candidates: Please note we thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Para Space Landscaping Inc.
Burnaby, British Columbia
Nov 30, 2018