The Landscape Construction Lead Hand / Team Member is responsible for assisting in all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects.
- Minimum 3 years experience of landscape construction - interpret site plans, grading, concrete, masonry, pre-cast, carpentry, etc
- Strong familiarity with safe and proper use of various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, concrete saws, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Skid-steer and mini excavator experience (certification preferred)
- Assist in the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Assist in the construction of walkways, fences, decks, posts, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE and health and safety standards
Work conditions include heavy lifting, high levels of activity and prolonged outdoor exposure. Applicants with a clean, full drivers license preferred.
Mar 25, 2019