Job Number: 0001
Posted on Sep 19, 2018
The GROUNDSKEEPER will support the services of the Facilities Department. Working alone and as part of the Facilities Dept team, the Groundskeeper will promote the safety and well-being of the Residents, Staff and Guests of Shepherd Village by ensuring the grounds are clean, well-kept, professional and inviting at all times.
The Groundskeeper is responsible for regular exterior cleaning & maintenance of our eight(8) acre property, completing various landscaping projects, snow removal, spring & fall clean-up, maintenece of various outdoor systems (i.e.: irrigation), installation of seasonal decorations, and various other duties as assigned.
You will provide friendly, courteous and attentive service, in a mature senior's living campus.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications & skills:
- High school diploma, required
- Minimum six(6) months previous grounds-keeping and/or landscaping experience, required
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Able to work effectively outside in all types of weather
- Able to perform the physical requirements of the job:
- lifting heavy equipment and material
- frequent bending, pushing, pulling, walking standing, twisting, reaching, etc
- Excellent knowledge of outdoor plants, trees and various
- Safe and efficient use of landscaping machinery and equipment
- Strong team player who is able to accept and follow directions with minimal supervision
- Able to build and maintain good working relationships with co-workers from all departments
- Polite, understanding, patient and courteous to staff, Residents, their family members and guests
Shepherd Village Inc.
Oct 01, 2018