Landscape Maintenance Operations Manager
Job Number: 2
Posted on Sep 14, 2018
LANDSCAPE and WINTER MAINTENANCE - OPERATIONS MANAGER
Garden Grove Landscaping Inc. offers diverse opportunities in landscape management, construction and our snow management services. Our team is growing forward – Garden Grove is the ideal place to start or further your landscape career. Since our inception in 1990, Garden Grove Landscaping has seen steady growth and has become widely recognized as a service leader in the landscape industry. Having developed a strong reputation for excellence we continue to grow as an organization because of our focus on team building, quality and customer satisfaction.
Who you are
You're an adventurer and want to live your life to the fullest! You have an all-star attitude and love the outdoors! You are a self-starter, personable, and the type of leader others want to follow! Your desire is to work, learn, grow and you are thrilled to mentor and inspire 15 - 20 other team members to do the same. You are looking for a leadership opportunity to demonstrate your skills and experience. Here is your chance to shine!
Summary of Responsibilities & Opportunities:
- Directs schedules, personnel and resources towards providing quality, cost effective service to clients
- Contributes to the planning and execution of the company’s sales effort to acquire new customers and up-selling existing customers
- Responsible for the leadership, recruiting, selection, training, and supervision of field staff.
- Oversees scheduling and routine maintenance of all related trucks, trailers and equipment being used within the maintenance and snow operations.
- Meets and exceeds operating budgets
- Partnership with the Client Care Managers to service the needs of and relationship to the customer, to create and support systems of quality and provide counsel for continuous improvement.
- Support the VP of Operations with needs assessment, planning, personnel allocation budgeting, decision making, quoting and relationship building.
- Manage all activities involving landscape maintenance services, turf services, and irrigation services
- Manage and schedule all plowing, walkway and ice-melting services for assigned service region
- Responsible for ensuring job site quality and appearance, to meet and exceed client and company standards
- Evaluates quality of service provided to customers through site inspections for exactness, completeness, and conformance to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for organizing, developing and motivating a high-performing team
- Actively coach, train, discipline, develop, and assist crews. Perform on-site training, ensure work is being performed to our clients’ standards & company standards
- Manage and maintain all administrative and record keeping systems required including time sheets, charts, weekly schedules, vehicle inspection reports and work order schedules.
What it takes to be Successful in this Position:
- This is a leadership position – we are looking for self-starters with the ability to motivate others!
- Multiple years experience in landscape maintenance and winter operations
- CLT certification or a degree in horticulture preferred and CSP, ASCA snow industry certifications
- Strong plant knowledge – the ability to identify plants and understand growing conditions
- The ability to read and execute from drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and/or Google Docs and strong ability to learn/adapt to company software applications
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and a great work ethic
COMMUNICATION: We value listening attentively, processing thoughtfully and speaking deliberately.
RESPECT: We value regarding others higher than ourselves. This leads to harmony with our co-workers and conscientiousness with our customers.
TRUST: We value action that backs up talk. We know trust is earned slowly over time but can be shattered in an instant.
MOTIVATION: We value a hungry desire. Our best work is only going to happen as a result of our own initiative and enthusiasm.
TEAMWORK: We value the strength of the team. Our goals can only be achieved when each person is giving their all.
INNOVATION: We value learning. We know that past mistakes are only of value if they inform future action.
Incentives for you:
- Competitive Salary and Bonus
- Company vehicle, iphone, ipad, laptop
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Training and Development Opportunities
If interested, please apply online at GardenGroveLandscaping.com/Careers We appreciate all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Garden Grove Landscaping Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Garden Grove Landscaping
Oct 08, 2018