Job Number: 1000
Posted on Jun 29, 2018
Clintar is looking to expand our team in our Landscape Maintenance Division by hiring a Irrigation Technician with the knowledge and experience to manage a route within the Durham and Markham area. A career at Clintar provides the opportunity for growth and success in a Landscape Management Career.
The ideal applicant will have experience delegating and assigning tasks to crew members and make sure that quality of work meets the job requirements set by management. The successful candidate will manage sites of both commercial and residential clients by providing timely and professional service during the summer months; in addition will be provided with on-going training, year round employment, top wages, benefits and potential for bonuses.
Duties include (But are not limited to):
- Responsible for ensuring irrigation systems function efficiently
- Open and close sprinklers systems in spring and fall
- Responsible for repairing, maintaining, and troubleshooting irrigation systems
- Test completed irrigation systems for proper functioning of valves and timers
- Make recommendations to improve system deficiencies
- Ensure your truck is suited with the proper materials to complete the Work Orders for the day.
- Maintain equipment and ensure use of proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Completed High School, additional education/training preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working with irrigation systems
- Good troubleshooting ability to identify leaks and repair pipes
- Knowledge of irrigation products, specialized tools, troubleshooting and repair
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the job including: bending, lifting, utilizing hand tools and working in various weather conditions
- Valid class “G” driver’s license, with a clean driving record (abstract available upon request)
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and talk with contractors, site and facility managers and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
We would like to thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those qualified will be contacted for an interview
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
Jul 13, 2018