Urban Garden is an award winning and long-established Planting, Design / Build and Maintenance company specializing in condominiums, commercial properties, parks and streetscapes in the central and downtown Toronto area
We are currently looking enthusiastic, hard working individuals with a passion for landscaping to join our collaborative and positive management team.
Details on the opportunity:
The Landscape Supervisor is a full-time position, directly responsible for ensuring that planting & landscaping projects are completed and performed to the company's standards. You are responsible for the client consultation, estimation, organization and completion of various softscape planting projects. This position requires a successful balance of both office time/duties and on-site field work and supervision. You will be collaborating with various department managers, depending on the nature of the project.
- Oversee and coordinate the installation of design/softscape/planting projects
- Create estimates and proposals by performing initial site visits, develop sales estimates and present ideas for the scope of work. The use of our estimating software is required
- Attend client meetings as required.
- Order, source and price appropriate landscape material and plants for corresponding softscape/planting installations
- Collaborate with Mangers and Designer to assist in various supplementary projects.
- Keep manager up to date on progress of work.
- Work with vendors to ensure cost effective and efficient receiving of material.
- Monitor costs of goods and labour vs. estimated;
-Supervise planting projects, ensuring all contracts receive high quality arrangements – in conjunction with appointed crew leads.
-Perform on-site training as required;
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members: ensure the crew has proper site orientation a firm understanding of the scope of work;
- Ensure proper equipment and materials are available for each job; and equipment remain assigned to allocated vehicles
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards.
Please get in touch with us if you have the experience noted above.
Thank you for your interest in our company.
We look forward to another great season.
Please submit applications and inquiries by e-mail to: